Who am I?

Hello all, my name is Anand Egan. I am from Wasilla, Alaska. I am a senior here at UAF finishing up my bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Some things I enjoy doing are programming, video games, drawing, and hiking.

Even though my major is more focused on logical and concrete things, I’ve always had a strong attachment towards creativity and art. Ever since I was a kid I loved to draw. I have a habit of doodling a lot, especially all over my notebooks during my classes. I also do digital art, which I enjoy greatly. Over the past few years I’ve taken up world building and creative writing, as one of my passion projects is to write and publish a science fiction graphic novel series I’ve had in mind for years, and even eventually make a game adaptation on it. I also love to analyze leitmotifs in soundtracks, as I believe the usage of leitmotifs to be a powerful storytelling tool. I don’t go to art museums very often, but last year when I was in DC for an internship I visited the Smithsonian American Art Museum and it was great. You can check out some of their art here: https://americanart.si.edu/search/artworks?content_type=artwork&page=1


One of my favorite pieces I saw at the Smithsonian was The Thinker by Auguste Rodin (1840 -1917):


Comments

  1. hello yes it's me, your clone. cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your own experiences with art will make this class more meaningful for you. Later on in the course you will have an option where you can talk about art in graphic novels or video games. "The Thinker"! Because this was a molded statue there are others out there. I am frequently at my in-laws house in Louisville, KY and "The Thinker" is also at UofL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anand, it’s impressive that you did an internship in DC! I’ve never been there, but I hope too someday. I enjoy reading fantasy, science fiction, and comics, so I’m excited to hear about your desire to write a science fiction graphic novel series. I had to look up leitmotifs as I was not familiar with the term. Also, great art selection—The Thinker is a great sculpture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts